Family Office Services – Part A
At the heart of any family office is investment management. However, a fully developed family office can provide a number of other services, which range from training and education to ensuring that best practices are followed in family governance. First we will have a look at financial planning:
Investment Management Services
Typically this will be the main reason for setting up a family office, as it is central to ensuring wealth preservation. These services include:
- Evaluation of the overall financial situation.
- Determining the investment objectives and philosophy of the family.
- Determining risk profiles and investment horizons.
- Asset Allocation – deciding on the mix between capital market and non-capital market investments.
- Supporting banking relationships.
- Managing liquidity for the family.
- Providing due dilligence on investments and external managers.
An increasingly important part or the role of a family office is managing its philanthropic efforts. This might include the establishment and management of a foundation, and advice on donating to charitable causes. These services would typically involve:
- Philanthropic planning.
- Assistance with the establishment and administration of charitable institutions.
- Guidance and planning a donation strategy.
- Advice on the technical and operational management of charities.
- Formation of grant-making foundations and trusts.
- Organizing charitable activities and related due dilligence
Life management and budgeting
Some of these services are typically defined as concierge in nature, but they are broader in scope inasmuch as they also include budgetting services. Services under this heading include:
- Club (golf, private,etc.) memberships.
- Management of holiday properties, private jets and yachts.
- Budget services, including wealth reviews, analysis of short- and medium-term liquidity requirements, and long-termm objectives
If you have questions regarding any of the mentioned points – don`t hesitate to contact us.