The best in Sports and Finance

Maserati Enters Indian Market in 2011

Maserati has announced it will bring its distinctively Italian brand of high performance flair and custom-made exclusivity to the Indian automotive market this year. The Modena-based luxury sports car maker, in partnership with prominent Indian luxury retailer, the Shreyans Group, will unveil its first Indian showroom in Mumbai this year. A second dealership in New Delhi will open in early 2012, with further plans to cater to seven major Indian cities by 2015.

The surge in demand for Maserati’s premium models has been driven by a new generation of wealthy Indians. Maserati expects its Quattroporte sedan range to absorb 80 percent of its buyers in India, with the remaining 20 percent going to the GranTurismo coupe and the GranCabrio convertible.

The announcement of Maserati’s foray into the region comes in the wake of news of the Indian car market’s annual growth of 25 percent last year, with a total of 1.87 million sales in 2010. Yet even that robust growth rate pales in comparison to the buoyant premium car sector, which grew by 70 percent last year. India will be the 63rd market for Maserati in the world.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s